4 Bold Painting Ideas to Renovate your Home
There is nothing like the impact that a fresh coat of paint has on a room. Whether you’re bored of your previous color or starting from a blank slate, painting is an easy, cheap and fast way to remodel a space. From the traditionalist to the wacky color enthusiast, these four tips will transform a boring room into a bold space without busting the budget.
- Geometric Painting Patterns
- Painted Ceiling
- Accent Wall with Painted Trim
- Painting Half and Half in Rooms
Geometric Painting Patterns: Geometric walls are a fun way to catch a break from traditional design rules. They give an eye-catching focal point to the room and will intensify statement furniture or artwork. If you’re not a fan of vibrant colors and harsh lines, using pastels or neutrals is an easy way to tone down the sharp edges of geometric patterns.
Unique Painted Ceiling: A ceiling is called the fifth wall for a reason. In most homes, a neutral ceiling is a missed opportunity to add some gutsy style and transform the feel of the space. Adding a bold color can draw your eye up, which in turn makes the space feel larger. Be careful though, if the room does not have enough natural light then a dark color can make the room feel short. In this example, the dark blue compliments the artwork and brings out the color of the flooring.
Accent Wall with Painted Trim: An accent wall with painted trim adds not only color but texture to space. A light color will make the room feel warm and inviting while a dark color, like indigo or black, will be a feisty look that gives the home a custom feel.
Painting Half and Half Walls: Doing half and half painted walls creates a bold style that brings cohesion to a space that may have multiple unlevel surfaces. By adding the straight line, it brings your eye toward the line on the wall, thus making the room appear more level. Also, half and half walls are an easier and cheaper project since it uses less paint than covering all of the walls.
Do these walls inspire you to create something special in your home? Or want to freshen up a room with a new coat of paint?
Give us a call at 810-258-0303 or request a quote here
Written By Megan Arthur: Megan is a Core Pro Paint Ideas Specialist who proudly researches new ideas for homeowners that are looking for new ways to creatively paint their space.
Paint idea sources:
- Geometric Painted Walls, Image credit http://www.jhinteriordesign.com/portland-apartment/
- Geometric painted Nursery, Image Credit: https://listspirit.com/relooking-et-decoration-2017-2018-ce-mur-a-laccent-ludique-nous-fait-rever-en-monochrome-amzn-to-2t2fbhr/
- Half and half painted dining room walls, Image Credit: https://sugarandcharm.com/2014/06/11-chic-half-painted-rooms.html?section-1
- Grey painted wall with trim in dining room, Image Credit: https://www.jillianharris.com/love-list-vancouver-eva-chris/
- Blue Painted stairway ceiling, Image Credit: https://www.southernliving.com